Toshiba e-STUDIO, A Guide for When Accidents Happen
With all the social distancing, our service department asked me to share a basic cleaning guide for Toshiba copiers (the link is at the bottom of the post). This guide will help provide some needed info on safe ways to clean your machine. If you have any questions or have a bigger issue that needs attention, please give our Service Peeps a call! (1.800.658.6541 or 605.886.6488).
Supplies You’ll Need:
- a soft fabric or microfiber cloth
- a lightly damp cloth/towel
Toshiba e-STUDIO MFPs are designed for use in the most demanding office environments.
Since Toshiba MFPs are shared by a multitude of users and touching the user interface and other parts of the device are common in normal use, Toshiba has developed the following guidelines for cleaning the exterior surfaces of Toshiba e-STUDIO MFPs:
- Use a soft cloth and alcohol for disinfection.
- Be sure to turn the power off before cleaning in order to avoid malfunction.
- Do not directly spray alcohol on the MFP. Dampen a soft cloth and then gently wipe the MFP.
- Areas recommended for cleaning:
- Control panel (LCD, buttons, keys, etc.)
- Platen cover or covers in the Document Feeder
- Side guides in the Document Feeder
- Jam access cover
- Side guides in the bypass tray
- Be sure to turn the power off before cleaning in order to avoid malfunction
- Use a microfiber cleaning cloth or soft towels
- Spray the cleaner onto the cleaning cloth/ towel and then wipe the surface to be cleaned
- Clean with a cloth/towel that is damp but not soaked/dripping wet
- Consult trained service personnel for cleaning of the interior of electronic equipment
- Do not spray cleaners directly onto equipment
- Do not use abrasive cleaners (powders) or abrasive cleaning materials (scrub brush, scouring pad, etc.)
- Do not soak the electronic equipment with cleaning liquid
- Never attempt to clean the following portions with alcohol: original glass, scanning area (surface of the long rectangular glass)
Stay safe, wash your hands and avoid unnecessary travel!